8 Reasons to Send an Email Newsletter for Your Business.
We’ll be honest with you. Email newsletters take some time and are a lot of work. They need to be compelling, contain a strong call-to-action, and elbow their way into your recipient’s gaze amidst a crowded inbox. A pretty tall order, but definitely not impossible.
If you need some convincing as to the value of an email newsletter, (this is for you Mr. or Mrs. Hardworking Business Owner) we have assembled a list of eight reasons why email marketing is the next item to put in your marketing fanny pack.
1) Email newsletters increase touch points with your customers or clients. Use an email newsletter to send consistent updates to your customers and your personal network. You’ll be surprised with the response.
2) Email newsletters are a vehicle to highlight services, share events, and showcase offerings. It would be naïve to think that your customers and contacts know all about your business. You have to tell them. Highlighting products or services in an email is a great way to trigger an inquiry or sale.
3) Include content in your email newsletters that your network can’t get anywhere else. Facebook and LinkedIn are meant for tasty morsels while your email newsletter is the main course packed with protein.
4) Email newsletters are shareable. It’s as simple as hitting the forward button and your content just reached another degree of separation you didn’t have access to before.
5) Email newsletters just plain work. According to a recent study, email newsletters have an average ROI of $38 for each $1 spent.
6) Email newsletters will grow your social media following. Your newsletter is a once a month opportunity to remind your potential client base that you have a Pinterest, Facebook, or LinkedIn account where they can stay up-to-date between newsletters.
7) Email newsletters are a way to establish yourself as an expert. Encourage people to reply with questions or comments and get a conversation going. You never know where it will take you.
8) Drive traffic to your website through email marketing. Pack your newsletter with links to articles, products, and videos. If people don’t want to click, no big deal. If they do, they’ll get directed to more of your engaging content to captivate their attention.
Red Egg Marketing creates email newsletter campaigns for many small to medium sized business owners. If you’re looking to ramp up or start email marketing, we would love to discuss our ideas with you.