Job Posted: 05/28/21
Location: Denver, CO
Experience: 2+ years of experience
Job Type: Full-time
Education: 4-year college BA/BS
We are looking for a hardworking, enthusiastic, creative, and analytical person to join our growing team. We are a full-service marketing agency focused on crafting and implementing custom marketing strategies for our clients. As a growing company, we get to wear a lot of hats making each day fun and interesting. If you enjoy improving your skills, developing creative solutions, and contributing to the success of a project, you will enjoy working at Red Egg.
We are looking for a web developer who wants to become our WordPress expert and play a significant role in defining our technologies and processes while working in an exciting and fast-paced environment.
- Transform design mockups into mobile-first web experiences
- Manage website development projects from concept to completion
- Write quality code that is readable and maintainable
- Develop custom WordPress themes from scratch
- Develop WordPress websites using templates and page builders
- Communicate directly with clients to scope new features or requirements
- Develop creative solutions to meet project goals on time and on budget
- Provide feedback and recommendations during design as to how design decisions may impact development and UI/UX
- Manage existing websites and perform routine updates and testing
- Implement analytics and pixel tracking code using Google tag manager
- Provide assistance to clients and team members using various web technologies to ensure marketing tasks or other requests are completed successfully
- 2+ years of experience as a Web Developer in a professional work environment
- Experience with CSS preprocessors like Sass/Less
- Experience with CSS frameworks like Tailwind or Bootstrap
- Strong understanding of WordPress best practices
- Strong understanding of fundamental programming concepts
- Strong understanding of modern front-end development workflow using tools like webpack and NPM/yarn
- Familiar with Git/GitHub
- Ability to work with REST APIs, AJAX and JSON
- Proficient in using Advanced Custom Fields (ACF) for theme development
- Proficient in the command line
- Proficient in web technologies and the browser environment
- Excellent debugging skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Flywheel
- Experience with Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics
- Ability to create custom Gutenberg blocks
- Familiarity with different workflows for local development and deployment for WordPress or for other types of websites
- Experience with MySQL
- Strong knowledge of cross-device and cross-browser compatibility
- Positive can-do attitude
- Cell phone
Why You Want This Job:
- Enjoy a large amount of creative license.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Pursue new ideas and grow your skill sets.
- Work alongside delightful people.
- Make a real impact on the success of a campaign.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Expected salary range of $70,000 – $85,000
- Additional bonus compensation
- 401k matching with no vesting period
- 401k profit sharing program
- Health, dental, and vision plans
- Flexible PTO policy
- Ability to work remote and in the office
- Community volunteer and team building events
- Although working from home is an option, we are only considering candidates living in the Denver area
Please apply with the following:
- Cover letter describing two to three projects you worked on outlining your contributions and a list of at least five additional websites you built.