Move PDFs online.
Move PDFs online with a microsite. Microsites pack a powerful punch and bringing your PDF content online will boost your business’s ability to find and interact with clients.
Microsites are simple but effective websites that convey information currently stored in PDF form. Below we discuss the benefits of bringing your PDFs online.
Ok, let’s get real, why are you still sending PDF documents?
We won’t deny PDfs possess a few unique attributes.
- Allow for annotation and comments
- File always looks the same regardless of device
Microsites have the same advantages
First, you can easily add a comments section to a website, your microsite. This way any feedback or questions that a client has can be seen by anyone who visits the site. You will always retain the ability to turn off the comments section on your microsite.
To the second point, your users will need the most up-to-date version of Adobe to view the document correctly. Recipients may also be forced to zoom depending on the device they are using for viewing. WordPress, our preferred vehicle to take your information online, is responsive. This means that content will be optimized for every device including smartphones, tablets, desktops, and laptops.
A microsite is far superior to a PDF for your users and your business.
Microsites surpass PDFs for these additional advantages
- Once the microsite is built, there is no need to send out individual PDFs. Therefore, you will have more time to flex your business muscle and not your administrative prowess. Furthermore, there is no need for resending PDFs.
- You’ll be able to instantly update information on a microsite whenever there are changes to price, quantity, or number of units available.
- Microsites download in a jiffy whereas PDFs take longer and clog up people’s inboxes.
- The information is always available. If you keep files in a PDF format on one computer, you would have to physically have access to it. Or if a customer failed to save a PDF, they will need to hunt through their emails or contact you to send it again.
- Undoubtedly, many Internet users avoid PDFs. When searching for results, they assume that the information is stale and that there is no way of communicating with the owner.
- PDF documents do not have the HTML tag structure that tells Google what it contains and helps rank the content for target keywords. Therefore, Google search can more easily recognize microsites.
Examples of documents to bring online
- Case Studies
- User Manuals
- Government Documents
- Rules and Regulations
We convert PDFs online by building responsive websites for our clients and can do the same for you. Contact us at 720.446.6640 for a consultation and find out more today!